You can add a hand shower to elevate your bathroom remodel to a more luxurious and elegant construction. Sometimes a spay of water that you control is just the experience your want and need. By adjusting the shower diverter trim to stop the water supply from traveling to the shower head, water will begin to exit the hand shower.
Most hand showers from the major manufacturers, such as Delta, Moen, and Kohler, offer the same settings as their shower head products. This settings include:
- Spray – A more traditional flow of water
- Rain – A simulated water fall flow of water
- Aerate – A air combined flow of water
- Massage – A pulsating flow of water
- Pause – A light or reduced flow of water
The style choices that are available for a hand shower are related to what is offered for each manufacturer and their individual product lines. A hand shower will match the classic, contemporary, and modern designs of their related shower heads.
Match your hand shower with your shower head by color and finish. The popular choices offered across manufacturers are, chrome, nickel, stainless steel, brass, and matte black.
Some manufacturers offer a combination shower head and hand shower which gives you the best characteristics of both options. The hand shower is situated within the shower head and is readily available for manual usage.
Example of Hand Shower Installation and Operation
- Dual-function pressure balance cartridge/li>
- Dial adjusts temperature - Handle adjusts volume/li>
- Use with MultiChoice® Universal rough/li>
- Single Handle Lever/li>